Futures is an employment program for young people and their caretakers, building employment and entrepreneurship, working in partnership with Mith Samlanh and Friends.
- Disadvantaged youth (15yrs+) without jobs, or in jobs that are not safe/ positive for their future.
- Young people from orphanages/ or back to school program graduates.
- Skills and needs assessment
- Social work support and counseling if needed (referrals to all MT services)
- Employment training (on job readiness, on micro- enterprise and on staying in jobs/ business, career counseling)
- Technical support (writing CV’s, job searching, interview technique)
- Referral to other educational services (e.g. English, IT courses)
- Connections to reputable employers
- Information (library space, job vacancies board, directory of local services)
- Job placement and business set up with follow up from Futures and Outreach team ( if needed )
- Apprenticeship and internship.
- For youth from non-disadvantaged background, we provide library info only.